Having trouble eating liver or your vegetables? Are you anaemic or lacking Vitamin B12? Are you recovering from serious illness...?
The following recipe may just be exactly what you need, is easy to eat, and may be quite tasty. Feel free to add ingredients and spices to taste.
- 1 cup of cauliflower pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of broccoli pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of ghee (or 250 grams of butter)
- salt to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- raw beef or lamb liver
- other ingredients, herbs and spices as desired (green onion, leeks, garlic...., ginger, pepper, turmeric, green beans,..........)
- optional raw egg yolk
- cook the cauliflower and broccoli in some of the butter or ghee with salt in a covered pot on medium low heat, then add a pinch of nutmeg
- pour the vegetables into a food processor (with cutting blades) and add the raw liver
- blend until everything is a fine purée
- optional: add in a raw egg yolk
Serve in a bowl! Serve with a lemony drink.
NOTE: You can always halve the vegetables and double the butter, if desired.
If you have leftovers, store them in a glass dish in the fridge for later that same day or the next day....When ready, add an equal amount of hot water and stir. Now there is some soup to eat or drink.