- A bowl of young wild herbs, edible weeds, and greens, or young salad and field greens (dandelion greens, sorrel, lambs quarters wild mustard greens, baby kale, baby chard, baby spinach, any baby lettuces.......)
- Asparagus salad: add fried crispy bacon, crunchy lightly cooked asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces), and some Caesar dressing with additional extra virgin olive oil
- Tuna salad: add some cooked or canned tuna, thin purple onion rings, a few thin slices of tomato, as a dressing use either lemon dressing (with egg mayo) or English dressing with poppy seeds
- Beef salad: add thin beef slices (cut into pieces), feta cheese (crumbled), boiled eggs (cut), 1/2 tomato (cut), (optional: a few thin pepper slices, a few olive slices, a few pickled peppers cut into slices, pickle slices), use an Italian style olive oil and vinegar lemon dressing, or a Greek dressing
- Roasted chicken salad: add cubed cheddar or sprinkle with parmesan, (optional: sprinkle with your favourite variety of nuts, fresh cut chives, small amount of finely cut sweet pepper), add roasted chicken strips or cubes (fried in butter, add the butter too), then add a favourite dressing (Caesar dressing works well, or garlic mayo dressing)
- Raw salmon salad: add thin strips of previously frozen Salmon, thin onion slices, sliced avocado, (optionally sliced boiled eggs), freshly chopped chives and dill, add English dressing or lemon mayo dressing, and garnish with thin lemon slices
- Use your imagination for more salad variations!